HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board

Go Back   HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board > All In the Family > Ages & Stages

Share This Forum!  

Ages & Stages Kid stuff by age: toddlers, preschool, elementary, middle, jr. high, tweens, teens and more!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jewel

Straight So my 4 year old son waslked in on me mid-tampon insertion.

so yeah. i started my period last week and rediscovered why i always resort to tampons halfway through. so i had just gotten out of the shower, stark naked and one foot up on the toilet with a tampon halfway up my lady bits when asher walks in.

that was wqhat his face looked like, literally.

(in an astonished stage whisper) "Mommy.......what are you doing??"

"uhhh....uhhhhh..... .........???? uhhhhhhhh.... ok, well, mommies... umm.. once a month or so, mommies bleed from their vagina, and we use these tampons to keep blood off our underwear. mommy's not hurt or anything, it's just that our bodies have to get rid of some old blood once in awhile."

"oh. "(while i was explanining that to him i was finishing up with the tampon and hoping he would be distracted by my words and not watch... unfortunaltely, he turned his attention back to my crotch, where he saw the damn string hanging there) "the 'pampon' has a rope?? you have a ROPE? in your BAGINA??"

"well yes, i have to be able to take it back out and flush it down the toilet, kind of like toilet paper. asher, honey? mommy is done, can you go find something to do while i get dressed??"

of course... what he does in stead is go find john john and recount what he learned just a few seconds before. john was laughing so hard he couldn't breathe, and JUST THEN my mom called- John answered and said "Hey, asher learned something new today!", handed the phone to asher and told him to tell her what mommy told him.

i mean, my kids see us naked. we are totally comfortable with that. but when he caught me sticking a tampon up my hoohaa it was literally like being a deer caught in the headlights. wtf am i supposed to tell him, other than the truth? i didn't want to wave him away with no explanation and no understanding of what was going on...and i totally suck at making things 'kid friendly', at least according to my mother. i don't really see a problem with telling him that women have vaginas, men have penises, and how and why the function and what they do but... i really wish i had been able to come up with a more delicate way of explaining it to him
Old 07-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Traveler

BlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herBlackBunny spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
I think you couldnīt have handled it much better at the moment At least he will be smarter than most of the other kids he meets
BlackBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
gotta have a beach

SnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSnowBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
I have to laugh at the image of your face and his too

That said, I think you did great with that and I couldn't have said it better. I think you handled that great and as long as everyone will leave him alone about it he will move on and it will be no big deal

Old 07-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
the leaves are changing

MidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMidnightDancer has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
You did great. It is tough to be nekkid and put on the spot.

MidnightDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Grand Poohmba Herself!

SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
yet another reason im glad i dont have a period but once or twice a year and theyre scheduled

And I hear them saying you'll never change things and no matter
What you do its still the same thing
But its not the world that I am changing I do this so, this
World will know that it will not change me.

gifted AV
SameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
now with capitals!

Yoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYoda spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
I'm sorry, but that is PRICELESS. I think you did just fine handling it!
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fire, fire, fire!!

Serendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling

New blog about making me the best me that ever me'd. Read along with me, yes?

Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
SEEK

omg... I'm dying here
Old 07-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
First you gotta do the truffle shuffle.

Sybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her

Sybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
JackieBlue

Tags
insertion, midtampon, son, waslked, year