HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board

Go Back   HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board > Out of the Box > What's Cookin', Good Lookin'? > Beverages

Share This Forum!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official member of HippyMom. 500 posts, baby!

Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Circle channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
Question What kind of tea do you use to make iced tea/ sweet tea?

Can someone help this yankee out?
Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fire, fire, fire!!

Serendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
I grew up using Lipton, switched to Luzianne when I realized how much better it was, and now I use darjeeling.
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mamacass

This probably doesn't help you, but I use mint chamomile(sp?) tea
Old 05-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
bellacola

I think you can use whatever tea you want. I think the REAL secret is the sugar. Just put an insane amount of sugar in your tea (like a flippin' cup or some crap) and there ya go.

Personally, I like tangerine tea sweetened with 2 tbsp honey (per qt).
Old 05-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fire, fire, fire!!

Serendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSerendipity has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
I make unsweet tea darjeeling is just the right amount of sweet flavor to me
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Merry Ho Hos

YummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herYummieSprite spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
I use a good black tea--I'm fond of darjeeling and sugar or sometimes stevia leaf. The trick is to add the sugar with the hot water.

We have a local(ish) tea garden where they grow stevia for use in tea.

A Daily Time Out: Little indulgences
YummieSprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
SandyGirl

I use a mix of teas & a simple syrup to sweeten it {when I'm not using splenda}.

I normally get a big tea jar {I think they are like 2.5 gallon}, fill it with FILTERED WATER, add 2 black tea bags {the regular lipton tea kind regular size} and 2 green tea bags, and leave it in a sunny spot for a few hours.

Sun Tea! Then just add in the cooled simple syrup and mix if desired.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mamacass

Oh Wow, sun tea
I haven't made that in a LONG TIME
Old 05-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Back to the best board on the internet <3

Mystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herMystic Wench spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
Take it from a southerner . . . Luzianne!

Use 1 2/3 cup of sugar per gallon. Four family sized tea bags. I use an ice tea pot, but if you don't have one, just make sure not to leave the tea bags in too long or it gets bitter. Don't boil them for the same reason. Add sugar to it while it's hot!!
Mystic Wench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
friskay

I like lipton Cold brew it's fast

And.. I like mine real sweet.. so I add 1.5 cups of sugar to 2 quarts

You know.. I always forget that the north really doesn't have sweet tea... trips to PA.. I think mid W.Virginia is where sugar stops and non starts ... anyway... I always have to ask for more and more sugar packets... and before you know it.. half the table is covered with empty packets

Tags
iced, kind, make, sweet, tea, tea or