HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board

Go Back   HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board > Out of the Box > Body, Mind & Soul

Share This Forum!  

Body, Mind & Soul Holistic healing, wellness & caring for the person beyond the parent.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ariel

How to loosen Ear Wax

I had Taylor at the Ear Dr. yesterday, and he tried to clean out her ears. He got all of the wax out of her ear just fine on the right side, but the left side it is really stuck in there. He set us up an appt to come back in a couple weeks, and he is going to use an air suction machine to clean them out. I worry it is going to hurt though b/c it hurt when he tried to scoop it out. Is there anything I can do to help loosen the wax up so it is not so hard on her? She is still rubbing her ears this morning from where he was trying. I know she is not going to like the suction, especially if it is stuck to her ear drum.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
Hydrogen peroxide.

My MIL has had to have the suction done a few times over the past month or so. It doesn't hurt, but it's v. important to sit very still, during the procedure.
Pristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ariel

I have had the suction done too. The part that worries me is the sounds, b/c it is very loud, and I worry about the pain b/c the wax is dried to the ear drum. That is why he could not get it out by scooping. He said it is like a scab on the ear drum, and that is why it hurts.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
All we need is some ice cream and a hug!

Tarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingTarot has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
Olive oil should moisten and loosen it, just a few warm drops

I got your Mojo right here.
(well, right there )

Be open to the possible
Tarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Busy_Hip_MOM

When i was growing up my mom bought some bees wax cones and we would lay on your side she would stick it in our ear far enough in that was in the ear and light it on fire with a lighter and that was unpainful . (it draws the wax out of the ear in to the cone ) Not sure if you can still buy them in stores but it works . Hope thats of some help if you can get them anymore
Old 03-08-2007, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
Ear Candles are great, BHM! I don't know if I would use them until everything is cleared up, though.

Therapeutic Ear Candles
Pristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ariel

I love having the ear wicking done. I have had it done a few times. I do not think she would lay still enough though to do it.

I have some olive oil, so i think i will try that.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
SugarMagnolia

Maybe if she has to go have the proceedure, you can "practice" with her before she has to go so she'll know what to expect. Also, perhaps a walkman with funny music (Dora, blah blah blah) in the other ear would help her to concentrate on something OTHER than what's going on w/her suctioning ear?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Nutcracker

My husband has bad ears and uses hydrogen peroxide to loosen the wax.

I saw this device in a magazine recently....won't get the wax out, but your daughter could admire her buildup for herself!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Trippy lil Hippy

definitely the warm olive oil

Tags
ear, loosen, wax