HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board

Go Back   HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board > Far Out, Man... > HippyMom Q & A > Community Outreach

Share This Forum!  

Community Outreach Numbers, websites and other information to assist those in need.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ariel

0012Butterfly 2 How do I get donations for a benefit?

A friend of mines 6 year old son has a inoperable brain tumor. There is a benefit being put together for him, and I am going to help gather donations to use for raffles. His mom has no life insurance for him, and the funding will be used to cover the cost of his funeral. I have no idea where to begin to start gathering donations.

Here is a link to the article that was in the paper about him.
Benefit planned for Lancaster boy with rare tumor | lancastereaglegazette.com | Lancaster Eagle Gazette
Old 08-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
gotta have a beach

MamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingMamaBirdie has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
I would say posting the link on all the sites you visit is a good way, and if you want to leave jars around at local stores you might get some donations too. That is really sad
Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seven

When I did this I typed up a form letter and passed it out by hand door to door to *ALL* of our local businessed. More than 400. In the letter I stated what the problem was, about the benefit, what we were seeking etc. I even went so far as to include ideas. Gift Cert. to their business, an item, or if they didn't think their particular business had something to raffle a cash donation collected from all of the employees could be put to excellent use to help the family.
I also made sure to include that I could provide a receipt for tax purposes since all donations are tax deductible.
I included a date that I would be back around and a number if they wanted me to pick up at a sooner time.
It's a lot of leg work but it's hard for people to say no to your face. Especially when you visit twice.
Good luck.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
First you gotta do the truffle shuffle.

Sybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
Sybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
self evident

boedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7cannonballs View Post
When I did this I typed up a form letter and passed it out by hand door to door to *ALL* of our local businessed. More than 400. In the letter I stated what the problem was, about the benefit, what we were seeking etc. I even went so far as to include ideas. Gift Cert. to their business, an item, or if they didn't think their particular business had something to raffle a cash donation collected from all of the employees could be put to excellent use to help the family.
I also made sure to include that I could provide a receipt for tax purposes since all donations are tax deductible.
I included a date that I would be back around and a number if they wanted me to pick up at a sooner time.
It's a lot of leg work but it's hard for people to say no to your face. Especially when you visit twice.
Good luck.
this, but...unless they are giving to a 501c3 i don't think the donations are tax deductible. maybe you can find a non-profit to help you 'filter the funds' so that they are

god bless them
boedica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seven

Yeah, I think the people I did this for were a not for profit-they were an agency or something that did non medical care for cancer patients. Provided meals, cleaned house that kind of stuff.
Good luck to you. I hate when things like this happen to kids. Well anybody really but kids especially.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Grand Poohmba Herself!

SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SameZombie channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
around here people go to store like walmart and explain it.. get churches involved as well. .. walmart here will donate chicken and potatoe salad and stuff for people.. then usually a church will help provide more.. have a cook out.. sell plates of food for like 5$ a plate...
World will know that it will not change me.
SameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
benefit, donations