HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board

Go Back   HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board > Out of the Box > What's Cookin', Good Lookin'? > Desserts

Share This Forum!  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
Homemade versions of Girl Scout cookies

Homemade versions of Girl Scout cookies | MNN - Mother Nature Network

When it’s not Girl Scout Cookie time, how can you get your fix?

Quote:
I admit. We’re Thin Mint addicts in our house. I try to limit the number of boxes I buy each season because they aren’t particularly healthy or earth-friendly. But, I have many friends with daughters in the Girl Scouts, and the Thin Mints are just so yummy.

My seven-year-old didn’t even realize there were any other flavor Girl Scout cookies than Thin Mints. When one of my friends asked him what kind of cookies he wanted to buy from his daughter he said, “You know. Girl Scout cookies” with a confused look on his face.

One reason that Girl Scout cookies hold such a spell over many people is that they are only available for a limited time. However, I’ve seen recipes for homemade versions of the cookies lately on different blogs.

Whether you’re looking to create a healthier version of the cookies that you like so much or you want a way to get your fix during the off season, try your hand at these recipes for Girl Scout-like cookies.

* Tagalongs – Baking Bites has a recipe for these peanut butter patty Girl Scout cookies.
* Thin Mints – Serious Eats has a version of my family’s favorites that I’m going to have to give a try.
* Samoas – Christine’s Cuisine makes a duplicate of the chocolatey, caramely, coconuty cookies in bar form.
* Do-Si-Dos - Baking Bites has a recipe for a larger version of these peanut butter sandwich cookies.
* Shortbread Cookies – CD Kitchen’s recipe makes 60 of these copy-cat cookies – more than you’d get in the seemingly ever shrinking box.
* Thanks-a-lot – Delish has a recipe for two-tone cookies that are like the chocolate and vanilla Girl Scout cookies.
* The Original Cookies – Lemondrop.com has a recipe for the original Girl Scout cookies. The ones the scouts used to bake and sell for a quarter a dozen before they went commercially baked.
Pristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Melamma

Amazing!!! I LOVE girlscout cookies, but they aren't kosher! Thanks for the link! Now I can make them....kosher!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
self evident

boedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
i think i can do a gf version of my favs samoas
boedica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to Pristine channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
Pristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Most likely to be THE MILF

Sacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingSacagawea has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
thanks! I'll try some

can you EVEN imagine.... we have girlscouts here, but NO gs cookies!!!
Sacagawea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
dustbunny

Those samoa bars look better than the cookies. Because there's more.
I always have to stop myself from eating all the cookies because let's face it...15 is just not enough.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mamacass

Cool
Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
self evident

boedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingboedica has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbunny View Post
Those samoa bars look better than the cookies. Because there's more.
I always have to stop myself from eating all the cookies because let's face it...15 is just not enough.
no kidding
boedica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
First you gotta do the truffle shuffle.

Sybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePet View Post
thanks! I'll try some

can you EVEN imagine.... we have girlscouts here, but NO gs cookies!!!
You should of told me before I would of mailed you some.
Sybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
PeaceMamaLove

Oh for the love of.....just what I needed to see a samoas recipe

gonna look anyhow

Tags
cookies, girl, homemade, scout, versions