HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board

Go Back   HippyMom - An Evolution of Female Community Parenting Board > Out of the Box > Lifestyles & Living > Entertainment & Artistry

Share This Forum!  

Entertainment & Artistry Books, TV, Movies and Music! If its on a screen, a bestseller list or pumps out cho' speakers, then its gotta be in here, yo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jewel

Question heart shaped bird feeder favors- input?

i'm going to make these:Heart-Shaped Bird Feeder DIY | Alphamom to double as decor and favors at the wedding but i'm wondering 2 things:

1: if i start making them now will the gelatin hold up over the next 10 months if i store them somewhere cool/dry?

2: the directions say to take the cookie cutter out after the thing is set, but i only have 1 cookie cutter... do you think the foil used to wrap under and around the cutter will be enough to hold the shape so as to make batches of them instead of 1 heart at a time over a period of who knows how long?

Old 01-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oh what a night!

Scarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceilingScarlet Mae has joined Hillary in making 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling
1) idk - sorry
2) i'm gonna guess not b/c they mentioned that they had to put theirs in the freezer for an hour to help it set before they could try to remove the cutter.

Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others. ~ Buddha
Scarlet Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Take the time to give that last kiss

LadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
Could you do other shapes besides hearts ? Star, moon, circle etc..... ? I think you would need to keep them in the mold.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Divine Ms. Em

sorry, idk.

but they are cute!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Mae View Post
1) idk - sorry
2) i'm gonna guess not b/c they mentioned that they had to put theirs in the freezer for an hour to help it set before they could try to remove the cutter.
you are probably right. lol. phooey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHawk View Post
Could you do other shapes besides hearts ? Star, moon, circle etc..... ? I think you would need to keep them in the mold.
I talked to future SIL and will borrow some of the playdoh cookie cutters (she has a huge rubbermaid full of them ). not sure what shapes yet. She's got some letters, though, so we could do our initials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Divine Ms. Em View Post
sorry, idk.

but they are cute!
thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Take the time to give that last kiss

LadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herLadyHawk spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
It's that time of year again. I'm going to do this with my little one.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
First you gotta do the truffle shuffle.

Sybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSybil spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
that is adorable
Sybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Squishable, fun-sized, odd, jelly roll of a woman

SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to SQUISHY channels Jerry Garcia and knows all the lyrics to
do a test run and find out. maybe if you saran wrap or wax paper tightly them after they are set, they would keep in the freezer. only way to know is to try...go forth and experiment!
SQUISHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
calling all angels

Swoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know herSwoopie spreads the power of positive thought and impacts all who know her
Great idea!

- Ovid (43 B.C.-17 A.D.)

Swoopie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bird, favors, feeder, heart, input, shaped